Our Mentoring and Enrichment Programme
In this programme, Year 9 pupils are recruited and supported in their academic and personal development throughout the next four years of their education with:
- A corporate mentor;
- Two residential summer schools (one at Cambridge University the summer before Year 10 and in London the summer before Year 12);
- Workshops–geared towards academic, personal, and professional development;
- Career days;
- Cultural visits to London museums and other arts and science activities; and
- Opportunities for paid work experience at partner firms.
This highly intensive programme involves a yearly minimum of 10 workshops by ACD and 20 mentoring sessions, on average, with corporate mentors.
Students are equipped with the information and tools they need to:
- Make choices in relation to GCSE and A-level subjects;
- Understand the examination results required to gain entry to universities;
- Understand how university choices can improve their career opportunities;
- Positively develop and promote themselves;
- Primarily enhance and improve their career potential within commercial organisations.
Our programme is delivered with the support of staff from our corporate partners and other experienced business professionals.
Applications for our 2016 Summer School Programmes are now open. Please click for more details.
To schedule a member of our staff to come speak to your school about our programme contact us here: [vc_button title=”Contact ACD” target=” http://www.acdiversity.org/?page_id=199 ” color=”default” size=”default2″ href=” http://www.acdiversity.org/?page_id=199″]
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”3310″ img_link_large=”yes” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”104 x 150″][/vc_column][/vc_row]