Our Mentoring and Enrichment Programme
In this programme, Year 9 pupils are recruited and supported in their academic and personal development throughout the next four years of their education with:
- A corporate mentor;
- Two residential summer schools (one at Cambridge University the summer before Year 10 and in London the summer before Year 12);
- Workshops–geared towards academic, personal, and professional development;
- Career days;
- Cultural visits to London museums and other arts and science activities; and
- Opportunities for paid work experience at partner firms.
This highly intensive programme involves a yearly minimum of 10 workshops by ACD and 20 mentoring sessions, on average, with corporate mentors.
Students are equipped with the information and tools they need to:
- Make choices in relation to GCSE and A-level subjects;
- Understand the examination results required to gain entry to universities;
- Understand how university choices can improve their career opportunities;
- Positively develop and promote themselves;
- Primarily enhance and improve their career potential within commercial organisations.
Our programme is delivered with the support of staff from our corporate partners and other experienced business professionals.