What's Happened in 2014 So Far
32 New Students
20 Workshops and Outings
16 Work Placements/Internships
26 Mentor Matches
Here are the facts
Current Number of Students: 109
Number of Mentors Since 2003: 300+
Represented Schools: 69 since 2003 from 33 Local Educational Authorities
Since 2009, 99% of ACD pupils have continued into post-16 education.
- From 2013-2014, 100% of ACD students attained the Governments benchmark of 5 GCSE passes, including English and Maths (95% since 2003). The 2014 average was 57% for Black African students, 47% for Black Caribbean and White and Black Caribbean students.
- In 2014, 78% of our students gained admission to universities (72% since 2003), with 27% going to the Top 20 universities since 2003. ACD has alumni present at top 20 universities listed in The Sunday Times University League Table.
- ACD Alumni gain leadership positions while at university, either in the Student Union or the university’s African Caribbean society, organise outreach activities or events such as TEDx.
- Many ACD Alumni take a gap year giving back to their community by becoming assistant teachers or arranging information and motivational workshops sharing experiences.
- Over 90% of ACD Alumni are in employment, with over 60% gaining employment in highly competitive graduate recruitment programme where black British citizens are greatly under-represented. In 2014, the average ranged from 30 – 40% amongst black youth ages 16 – 24 in London [The Work Foundation, 2014].
ACDiversity Programme Results (for boys):
- 30% Russell Group Universities
- 34% Other Universities
- 10% Vocational Routes
- 26% Other