Do you believe in educational equality?
Want to help young people reach their full potential?
African & Caribbean Diversity is looking for a motivated and positive individual to become part our small, dynamic organisation as the programme coordinator.
Job Description: African & Caribbean Diversity runs a 4-year mentoring and enrichment programme for students Years 10 – Years 13. The programme involves a combination of university residentials, professional development workshops, cultural outings for students and families, as well as facilitating mentoring relationships between students and volunteers from corporate firms.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for the organisation and coordinate all aspects of ACD’s mentoring and enrichment programme’s and activities.
An important part of the role will be to ensure that ACD continues to add value through publicity and recruitment, evaluation and other expertise.
The Programme Coordinator will report to the Chief Executive. The post holder will also be expected to undertake work for the Board of Trustees as required.
- Interest in working in a small, supportive and ambitious organisation
- Secondary education to include Maths and English
- Experience in an administrative role
- Warm and friendly – both in person and on the phone
- Willing to take initiative and go the extra mile
- Ability to build brilliant relationships
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Good organisational skills
- Strong IT and keyboard skills
- Project/event experience is desirable
- Content management abilities is desirable
- Experience in grant applications is desirable
For full job description please see ACD Programme Coordinator Job description 2015
Closing Date: 7th August 2015 – We may appoint prior to the closing date.
Interviews: Interviews will be held the week starting on 10th August 2015
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply: Please submit a CV and a covering letter of no more than 1 page detailing how you fit this job description to Brenda King at firstname.lastname@example.org